Important Transfer Notes
- 1. If your domain is missing from the drop down above, it can not currently be transferred. The responsible Registry does not yet support this function.
2. Make sure that you have access to the email address listed as the admin contact for the domain. Our transfer
process is email verification based, so if your email
address listed for the administrative contact of the domain
is not current, the transfer will fail.
- 3. Make sure your domain name is not
in an expired state. We would advise initiating transfers at least
28 days prior to expire date, so there will be enough time to complete the process. If you need advice for transfering a particular domain extension, you are welcome to open a support ticket.
- 4. Some domain transfers require an authentication code when transferring
domains to GlobusDomains. You can obtain an authentication code from
your current registrar (where the domain is currently registered).
- 5. We cannot transfer domains that are less
than 60 days old. If you registered your domain within
the last 60 days, please wait until this period had ended before initiating
a transfer to GlobusDomains.
- 6. Make sure your domain name is not locked at the current registrar.
Please contact your current registrar to make sure
there are no holds or locks when transferring your domain
name.(many registrars will automatically place a lock on the domain for security)
- 7. Most domain extensions require a new period of registration to be added during the transfer process. However this new period is added to
the expire date, so you don't lose any time you have paid for. There is one exception to this rule: If the
domain was recently reactivated from an expired state, you will not get a year added to the expire date.